Travel Luck-Y( un!!)

Travelling with family, travelling with friends..travelling for fun, travelling for reason..travelling local or travelling international..I have done it all! , and still do but when I pause and think,...hm...am I travel unlucky? Do we need to be lucky when we travel? I sure need some luck is what every one says...coz from deals to seats I seem to have Huge problem!!...since I travel alone most of the times...I have problems even in getting an isle seat..gosh..I can never forget my journey from London to Washington, sandwiched between an old couple, and for all eight hours I could not even go to the rest room! From then on I made it a point to request, and insist, that I am travel sick, and need an isle seat but I am not very lucky always. As I was sitting happily in my isle seat, and thinking who would come for the window, I could not believe when I saw a huge black woman may be from utopia( I don't know she definitely was not looking civilised) who had shower may be a week ago, stinking to the extent..I had tears in my eyes, thinking I need to put up with the stink for the next ten hours. That is when I started believing there surely are guardian angles, ..an air hostess comes towards me, and says the backside is empty, and do I want to move there? Gosh..God did send her for me. One time I was in arrivals waiting with others for luggage to come, ..every one started picking there stuff and I was waiting for my turn..but where are my two beauties? that's when I realised my luggage did not come..and so were there a few like me! Gosh that was real nightmare..staying one more day in Mumbai, had to give the full description of my bags,call the airport every two hours, and when at last they did arrive, had to go to the airport, go through the customs, see them ripping off, and pull all stuff..Man..just horrible. When do I learn to travel light? Light I wanted to, so I decided I will take a direct flight in one of my recent travels...Mumbai...Newyork...travelling light to the extent I did not carry any cabin luggage..I would not need it any ways, I am on a direct flight was what I was thinking, but my travel luck was with me, n so we did not take off from Mumbai to all the passengers utter dismay, but we did after 24 hrs. Since we were already seated in the aircraft, the flight was sealed, and We were put In a 7 star hotel, but I had no clothes or even a small toilet kit! This happens only in India, was an unanimous opinion from folks in USA, but they had no answer when I was held up again in Washington, just a few hours after they dropped me to airport! The reason..Air crew was not fit to travel, so all of us were shifted to different star hotels till they were fit to travel .That one day delay,...delayed all my connecting flights, but can I complain? As I was sitting in my isle seat and feeling happy for it, I had no clue what happened in next few minutes, as I was shouting in pain..and the crew tried to help me out..the storage above got opened, and a big, fat book just fell on my head, brushing my eye and so the pain and numbness..whole travel went on with ice packs and red eye. Do I ask for an isle seat next time? Haaaaaa..so this goes on and on and on..and so does my sojourn!! Am I travel Lucky(Un)?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope no such luck followed you this time and you reached your destination safely in one piece!!!