Please Forgive me! I am sorry!!!

Today's news editorial had something very interesting for my knowledge..! In one of our religions, There is a festival.., celebrations for, ...giving or asking forgiveness! How wonderful,is not it?"Kshama" or forgiveness is not weakness but strength it says...awesome right? we cannot reverse the past but to look ahead we need to forgive and move on! Sounds easy? but the tough part comes now! For most of us, It is easy to use words like "Thank You, or Excuse me," but it is very difficult to use words like "I am sorry", or "please forgive me"! Just think how often we use these words in spite of knowing we might have hurted some one! Ego wont let you correct that! It can be your friend, siblings,spouse, neighbour, kids,colleagues or any one you are closely associated with. People never,or hardly,rarely come forward asking forgiveness! Even if the relationship is at stake, ego comes first!Unless you have understood the value of the relationship or the person, you simply wont say THE words! I have seen misunderstandings breaking relationships, but very few try to save it, with a timely please forgive me, I am sorry!! Over the years I have learnt to gulp my ego to save relationships and bonds with the right words and right actions at the right time. Does not matter, call, message, mail..what ever way you can express or just confront so there is no more conflict!Ooh ,...its such a wonderful feeling I tell you, you would feel lighter than cotton, and get the best of sleep when you put things in the right place! Imagine mere words doing wonders. Though asking for forgiveness is ultimate, watch out ..don't take too long to say THE words...as you never know the time might just go by! If you value the relationship, if you treasure the person, then you should not hesitate, but clear of the matter and ask for forgiveness! Imagine a card, a call, a message expressing your feelings can wash of all the pain and misunderstandings and set things right if done!To err is Human, to forgive divine! Forgiveness is a boon for the one who forgives and the one who is forgiven! so pause and check, did I hurt any one? Is any one in pain because of me? If so just say "the Mantra" for all matters to settle down..smoothen..."I am sorry! Please forgive me"!!

No comments: