To be or not To be

Watch this,  or listen to this....some  You tube videos I get via emails, which of course are sent by well wishers.   Some I enjoy and laugh over or get sentimental and emotional about , n  some I simply cant connect to at all! Not because it is a Tamil piece or some other language I cant follow..but as I watch it.., I simply feel it is some 18 yr old kids imaginary stuff, though well photo and choreographed, it simply is not my scene.I am sure it will  fit  in to the imagination,and dreams of a 20 yr old.. I cant connect to it, and  that makes me  not interested in it, so I get disconnected from it mentally. I saw a Tamil movie recently, and though very romantic, and good time pass, directed by one of the best directors, thankfully with subtitles...I feel the romance they show, or the scenes they create are so unreal!! By watching that any youngsters think life will be like that, then the reality will hit them hard when  they actually are in such set ups. Of course we all know movies, and songs in particular are for entertainment, but even in that I feel you have to get connected.  It has nothing to do with age factor. The other day one of my family senior in his 80s asked me did I watch "Gunde" or "Ram leela"? I was like WHAT???  haa.. Since  I am not for violence or loudness..I never gave much thought to these movies  but the senior person enjoyed it thoroughly and could connect to it.. ! So age is not the factor, to get connected, n that is for sure!!!A couple of us from our family sponsor scholarships  to some deserving students, and it is very very personal,  like one to one basis.! WE are in charge and responsible in shaping up their whole future n life. But we decided we don't want to be mothers to them as we have our own kids to bother about. So no emotional connection. They should expect guidance and  we are going to be like mentors.  We want these kids to stay connected to us and not to our age. WE want their respect and that  makes it easy for us to carry on our responsibility. I have lot of friends who are of different ages, genders and I can connect to some one much younger to me so comfortably that I can share my pain, shine or distress and worries. Same way I have older folks in my group where our rapport is excellent , n the connection is instant! So it all depends how deep is the bond,..and if you want to connect or not! I know some youngsters  who can connect to old songs like as if they are from that era! I am amazed the way they live in to those times.! It is all interest, and getting connected because of.., may be child hood memories, or some other attachments. Year after year just like we age ,  our priorities also change. Time with out our knowledge sadly brings this change . I may be the  same person I was last year, and I   may even look and behave the same way, but some things will definitely change. Some times the change can be so drastic and such difficult one, but still it will happen and disconnect you completely. If you like it or not, if you want it to be connected or not to be, if it has to happen it will! How ever you want to take it, or  put it..,  Call it "out growing", or "disconnect", or "moving on"...! To be or not to be....is the changing times of ones life. 

No comments: