Good Samaritans...
Gaithersburg, July 2008
Yet another day, yet another walk..evening sun, not so harsh....perfect for me, was all I was thinking as I closed the door, and heard moms last words.. 'its gona rain...don't go '.., But I was already out with "Bye mom", n adjusting music. Completed 30 minutes of walk in the familiar route, and was about to return,... I could not believe myself, thick clouds and fat rain drops..! Man..was this not the perfect day when I started to walk? Anyways had no other option but to take shelter under one of the houses with an open driveway, and shaded garage area. I started worrying as the rain was pouring now, and the sky darker..worried for mom and dad, since I know they would panic and will start off with.."I told you so, but still you did so and so"...gosh...why does this happens to me all the time, as I was deep in my own thoughts, suddenly I heard,.."Oh my god..you scared me"!! A black woman opened the door, probably to get in to her car, and as she was not expecting any one to stand like that, truly scared. That's when I realised its not at all common, unless with some other intentions for people to even enter other peoples drive ways, even if they are totally open or have no gates. It was such awkward moment for me, but since I had no choice, or any bad intentions, I told her, I was very sorry, but because of the rain, I just had to wait there. She was going somewhere out, but guess, she did not feel good to leave me out there, or she genuinely felt sorry for my situation, surprised me by asking where I live, and she would drop me, since it still was raining. I was more than happy for her offer, since I was worried myself, and somehow reached home( since the driving directions are totally different from my walking route). Thanked her profusely, and was happy that no body watched me getting out of the car. I did not dare to share this with mom even though she was surprised to see me coming inside, with almost dry clothes! I know by now my friends who are reading this brand me,..."why do you need to go for such walks, when you are either lost or found..all the time?" Haaa...but God bless such good Samaritans ..I always am back(touch wood) and able to "Catch up" with Life!!
1 comment:
Thats another experience! I dont think i have heard this one! :)
Post a Comment