"Shades"....of life.....

If Laughter is the best medicine...then Tears the best lessons of life! Life gives it all...not any doctors or sages..no counsellors or philosophers...what is life after all..a dash of laughter, and a pot of tears? "The Cry baby" was my permanent name as a kid, and to prove every one right..I did exactly that ...Just cry for any and every reason! "I am sure you always carry a water pot which has a hole on your head".., was what I heard in my growing up years. I had a terrific sense of humour,( am not kidding)..,naughtiness and mischief of a youngster..playing pranks with friends and siblings was the best pass time..but were they all hidden over by my tears, coz tears were what welling up when ever there was a situation! I was not able to see in any other way to handle it...! With age we get freedom, with freedom we get responsibility..with responsibility you get maturity..with maturity you get strength...wow....when did I grow up? "U are one strong woman", I admire you for your strength," come on you can handle this, you are strong" ! These are words I heard from friends, and family when ever , where ever!!..Am I what they think I am, which may be I am ..but did I wanted to be that? Ha..we don't get choices..or may be we do...I can choose to laugh or I can,..just cry. Obviously I wanted to laugh..so the strong woman emerged! Tears..now very selective in my life, I suppose the sign of growing up. I am more composed and don't panic in crisis, and even when I am sad I can hide the hole in the pot! Its a strong emotion just like we cant control laughter..tears too just don't give u any time when they wanna come. U don't plan to cry...but it happens any ways.I feel tears are very valuable, and when they come out I know more than being sad..they are pouring..coz I am desperate to express myself, or, I am badly hurt emotionally or I am dejected, cheated, or just taken for a ride! Yes..I am sure that's when you cry..not when sad but when helpless! I know now..tears are more special than smiles..coz smile can be given for any one, but tears are shed only for whom we love truely!!

1 comment:

Me! In words said...

Its sad that as we get on in years we are taught by societal norms to control the expression of our emotions. Having a bout of tears as child is looked upon lovingly. But shedding tears as an adult is perceived as weakness. While having to control our emotions at all times can have some benefits, I feel it compounds the issue, having to worry about where and when to show them.