"Wish list"!

I read an article,"50 things I want to do before I die".Its more like a wish list..anything and everything you ever wanted to do for pleasure, or just for the heck of it.hmm..I thought just 50 things? But trust me, I could not even complete5! That's when I realised how difficult it is to start even to think or to give a shape to your wish, or the things you wish you wanna do!Hey who has time right now, don't I have enough things already on my plate, so the article and the wish list went in to the attic,and my busy routine took over. Years passed by...I do have time now, why don't I join school again? Why not do this or that? But now at this age or at this point of my life? Do I fit in? does that look good if I start now? Will I be making a fool of myself? All these thoughts creep in and again the Wishes go the attic. I met an old friend after a long time, and she was not only looking different but talking different..ha I asked her whats happening and she said "second innings"! What does that mean..? Started life all over again? Well, "In a way" she said...she changed her job at the point where others start making retirement plans whether they are happy or not in that company. She made changes in her appearance,a total new look,...the result a whole new person! Hm..not bad..she is going after her dreams I thought..but can every one do it? I spotted one of my best buddy in a huge crowd and as I go and give her a surprise Hug, felt she was little leaner and may be tanned too? I was about to ask her the reason, she excitedly started..."U know what I am learning Swimming"! My mouth dropped and I am like "WHAT"? Ha...she was like YUP, can you believe it? Me and swimming and that too at this age? But I always wanted to learn, and here I am able to do what I always wanted to do! You should come and see me swim. I do pretty well, and confidently too! When I saw the spark in her eyes and the excitement in her voice..I knew Dreams do come true, if you go after them. That made me think...May be we all have some 50 things in our wish list and we do really want to fulfill them. We just don't know when or how to start them.Its not easy to start something new, and we are scared of the mess it is gonna create in our lives.haaaa..Beginnings are always messy.Start something new...and embrace the mess!
If you have a dream you have yet to take action on, there's only one place to start, and that's at the beginning. We strike out towards our goal, only to find out there's a lot we don't know. Sometimes those first steps we take work, sometimes they're shaky, and sometimes they just go splat and we have to go back to the drawing board. Face it. Beginnings are messy. And for most of us, that's an uncomfortable place to be. Here's a revolutionary idea - when you try something new, don't fight it! Accept the messiness. Embrace it even. Don't make it personal. Beginnings are messy for everyone! Create a new story around it. Rather than seeing it as a threat to your ego that likes to have everything under control and mastered, look at it as a big sandbox where you get to play, discover, and play some more based on what you learn. You can organize and prepare to your heart's content, but as soon as you start taking actual steps, you'll discover that it's just not neat and tidy. Messiness is an inherent part of starting at the beginning. Given that, doesn't it make sense to change your story so you can benefit from the richness of that messiness, rather than let it tense you up and slow you down?
So this is for all those Buddy's who are gonna start working on their Wish list to make their dreams a reality!What ever is the wish,... from just getting wet in the rain to...learning something new! No one but U can make it happen! So take the big step..., start with baby steps...!

3 comments:

Me! In words said...

I think most of our wishlists are governed by the thoughts of "what will others say?". It ends up being a wishlist that is not from the heart, but more based on one's social standing. A wishlist that contains things WE really want to do without any social constraints is worth going after. And kudos to those who have done it.

San said...

No one is given a dream without the power to realise it. Wishing to get it right the first time is like wishing that a child will start walking without ever walking. The child sees it as a natural process, the adult mind associates falling down with messiness and shame. If you are ready to fall like no one is watching, and pick yourself up, you will realise, there is no dream that wont come true only if you let yourself achieve it.

Tania said...

Nice one!
makes me realize that great to have goals in life and start realizing them!...