Who Are Our Teachers?
Miss Mary, Miss Rosy, Miss Gladis, Miss Suguna...the teachers from school are the ones who shape our lives? Do we learn all that we need to from schools it self? Of course Yes..but not necessarily from teachers..! I am sure most of us learnt about sex from our friends..girls from girl friends, and so assume boys from their buddies...! At the tender age of 12-14 it is the most important topic and getting to hear from friends is better than any lectures from class teachers! Friends play such important role at that age, you just want to be in their company what ever and how ever much time you get to spend with them, in school or after school..with out the approval of parents of course! There mostly is a stage and phase in our lives where we hate our parents, and family and love to be with our friends. We love to learn everything from them and try to be like them or try to follow or do as they say! The results need not be bad always, ha..those were the golden days and those are the forgotten friends now! Yes, most of the people who teach us the best or important stuff may not be there with us or in our memory all Thru our lives. They may play a very small role in our lives, nevertheless they sure are our teachers since we learnt something from them, and we remember what we learnt, true? Same way, Siblings ..how can we have them, and not have them in making us adults..of course they have a role to play as well...majorly, in accusing parents,blaming and finding faults with parents and together lamenting about their baseless rules and regulations and so making schemes of how to break them, if possible jointly! How fun were the days and how valuable were these teachings! Ha...do we stop learning after schools, or colleges? Hm..May be Math and science and the subjects on the time tables...but learning goes on..so who are our teachers then..? I was getting down the steps of a wedding hall and suddenly shooting pain made me realise some one stamped on my foot! Gosh...ouch..a small little girl with pointed heel footwear was the one who made me wince with pain, and when I tried to focus..I heard "iam Sorry..I did not see" from that girl..! Fear and guilt in the eyes and apology in the tone made me smile at her immediately and say "its OK" even in my pain. A relieved she was telling her friend Thank God I was so scared..to which I said I actually am very much in pain, but since you apologised right on time, I had to say its OK...! we both parted our ways with light hearts..since no one won or loose anything. Of course we both learnt and taught something to each other is it not? It does not matter who our teachers are...just keep our learning channels open and receptive..and even a tiny tot can be our teacher..! Life has so many lessons in store for us... painful,playful,shameful to lessons of kindness, hardness,to meanness...don't worry we are going to get it all...who ever are the teachers..just learn it, revise it, memorise it, so that when the need comes we can remember the lessons and not make the same mistakes again! So say Three cheers to all our teachers..who ever they are..old or young..wise or worldly!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment