Me, the "giver"....!

Mangalore 2011
Hey, there is an interesting talk in the club, topic being Art of giving,please come...when I saw this message on my cell sent by my friend..., I immediately felt like, and messaged her saying..I already am practicing it, do you think I need to learn more about it?Hm..art of giving...We all are givers...something, some where, to some one! It does not matter what we are giving..a kind word, a stretched hand, a big hug, a good thought, a silent hearing,a genuine opinion..,money, honey..just anything, as long as it helps the receiver,..and you feel you are in heaven by doing so!! My friend does lot of charity work, runs couple of orphanages, takes care of the very old, and the very young... with what? nothing but a large heart!! He says..you should have the thought and heart to do, money and help automatically comes...! It is but true! I never saw him asking for any contribution...nor going around with printed pamphlets! WE all may not be able to do so much for the society in general or our own communities in particular..but in our own way if we take care of things and people around us, by sharing in what we have.., then we are of course the givers! There need not be special trainings, and lectures to listen to, in order to master the Art of giving! AS I jokingly say I like to help the needy not the greedy!! Ha...with a large heart and a kind word, a big smile and a bear hug, sharing in what I have with my near and dear ones, makes me feel so complete and so happy! What more do I need to say I am living my life to the fullest? But I know this is not all, and I still need to do a lot, before I sleep! Thank you God for making me aware of this great art...Art of sharing, giving..and teaching me to live each day...!

1 comment:

Kala Kudva said...

Hey Keerthi,


'LET NOBLE THOUGHTS COME TO US FROM ALL SIDES'says the Rig veda.Maybe your friend was making one such attempt to remind you of the inherent goodness present in all of us by inviting you for the lecture on how to be a cheerful giver. As I have seen from my experience, some people need reminders while others are self starters.