Mangalore July2011
In this monsoon month of non stop rains I was pleasantly surprised at the clear sky bright,morning sun and clean air..wow its a good day for a walk after a long time, and so I was out! I was not even half way through, and the thick, dark clouds don't know came from where, "my heart sank" ooh...and I knew its gonna rain. Not just a drizzle, but a downpour! huh.., my shoes!! This feeling I am sure happens to most of us.., many a times in our lives. It can happen when you feel Helpless , or when you are targeted, or when you know you are spotted!Our heart Sinks, says oh no..,and the unwanted happens! That's exactly what happend to me..as the flight landed and all of us rushed to complete the immigration formalities, and collect our baggage, take the exit to meet our families...,Normally there is queue system for the immigration, and its like citizens, permanent residents, and visitors . And the person near the entrance tells you which number officer you should go to! So I was standing as per the instructions waiting for my turn near the permanent resident queue.The officer I was suppose to go to was dealing with a guy and suddenly he got up from his seat dragged that fellow shouting something in a rage, and just pushed him out of that immigration area. I was watching in terror and figured out that person the officer dealing with was a Muslim.With the same madness he got back to his seat and "my heart Sank"! I knew I am gonna get some of the left over anger, as I am entering USA after 2 years and even though,I have the right documents required so I don't have to sweat but I do know I am answerable to any questions he might ask, and he can give me hard time if he wishes to, which is unpleasant. Sure enough my prediction was right and I had to put up with his madness, and ultimately could come out, of course with some bad taste( he was very hard on me)! I knew some how this is how its going to be but I could not avoid it, or postpone it. Ooh..!Another one.The brand new 4 lane road in front of our colony looks very broad , and now I can say its a proper highway. One to go, one to come, 2 lanes for each purpose.Wow.Were we all not waiting for this day? Since long the work was going on , and it was such problem for us to enter our colony. Now all looks so good. But one thing was sure the traffic is gonna be lot more now and speed super fast as every one gets carried away with good roads in Mangalore, such rarity you see!But this high way is officially not yet used by public, since the final work is still going on. so traffic is erratic and no one follows the right lanes or the right directions to move around. My friend and me were standing on the broad road deciding if to go for an evening stroll. There is a divider in between the 2 roads though not completed, is functional, so one has to jump to come to the other side,if walking. WE were fascinated watching a small little pup on the other side from where we were standing. Both of us being dog lovers, we were wanting to scoop the little one, who was looking scared but independent and guess looking out for its mother.It was on the other side from us, so if we wanted to catch the brat we have to walk and cross the divider. A bus was coming on the same side where we were standing, so we decided mentally( we had no time to talk) crossing is not the right Idea, may be after the bus. But the pup on the other side has its own mind, and decided against that and yes.."My heart sank"!! we both opened our mouths, one to wave frantically to request the bus driver to slow down stop may be, and the other to reach out the pup. But the most horrible thing of my life happened right there. 2 dog lovers could not save a small little tiny pup!In front of our eyes the pup just jumped across the divider and the confused driver who was trying to understand what we are trying to tell him, wave at him screeched to brake right on the body of the pup. The little one, jumping in excitement at one moment, opened its mouth in wail and in that position only got killed. The bigness of the bus tiers came to my realisation just that time! The full of life pup got crushed in such slow motion way in front of our eyes, but we could not do nothing. One moment it was trying to cross the next moment it got crushed. Gosh..for so many days I could not sleep. Life is really short, and I know when the time comes, it just comes..no matter where, how! We both tried to blame ourselves, blame the driver, felt horrible, useless, what not, but then what had to happen, happened! This is most unforgettable helpless moment of my life! Like this, in life many a times I passed through this moment..heart just sinks..watching my favourite expensive saree bleed its colour, trying to enter a hospital and seeing the gates being closed on my face,an exquisitive piece of qurio breaking in front of your eyes in a party, or you speeding to reach to get a table but seeing the restaurant putting the "done for the day" board, and many such situations where our heart just sinks and you get to say nothing but oh no, oh no!
No comments:
Post a Comment