What are you waiting for?

 Mangalore oct 2012

As the whole nation  came  together to wish Amitabh bachchan the BigB on being 70, I closely followed every piece of news about him and the celebrations on this big event! TV, inter net was full swing in showing the party pix and his  personal interviews, visions, values and sayings. (my personal favourite being his ,"Mann ka ho to achcha, Na ho to Jyada achcha"meaning, if your wish works good, but if it does not then that's good too!)The beaming faces of his family and friends, and the contented person himself speaking his heart out,showed what people meant to him and he meant to the world! Wow..what a persona! Admirable..! Some of his thoughts, and peeks from his childhood, and his almost devotional expressions about his parents I am sure if they were alive would have been the proudest! "I am indeed overwhelmed, swamped and submerged … and i shall need sufficient time to be able to give it  an expression" was what he said for the wishes and response he got from the whole nation on his birthday.These humble words were so perfect, it is as if him saying thank you to each one of those people who wished him.  I felt right time, right moment, the right words how much magic can it create! Do we say or get a chance to say the right words at the right time? How many of us take time or take advantage of the moment to say I love you, I am sorry, or Thank you! or say, missed you, Thanks for being there, you mean a lot to me, or even... how are you, I remember you, think about you, whats up, whats happening or howz life? ...to our loved ones or any concerned? Simple, shallow , superficial may always happen..but deep meaningful, right words at the right moment...? come on...we all need it, need to do it, and Can do it..! I do it, or at least try my best...!There was a  gap of silence between me and one of my sibling...for a long time. One day I just wrote one sentence"Love you lots, miss you loads" and hit send , and no silence  ever again between us now! a parental tantrum thrown at me caught me off guard and I would have gone in to depression due to that, but I did not give up hope! Soon the needed repairs were done and I got back my hugs!A surprise visit on a loved ones birthday, just sending a gift out of blue to a dear cousin,baking a cake just to show how much a person means, hosting a party for a dear ones success, remembering the tears of my best friend on a farewell, or seeing the happiness during welcome..rain or shine..some special people, some super special gestures...drenched in heavy rain, or cross miles to meet just for few minutes... ! I have seen  it all, or done it all!( these are the special add ons, my normal routine life is always a full plate.) We all sisters feel one genuine reason to feel jealous of our parents.., we will never ever have a kid as awesome as theirs! I do not think there is any right formula for parenting, nor I want to have a debate on who's a successful parent and  if the other is a failure..but I surely will say...my parents are blessed, period!Why is that? Well, we try to say what they want to hear at this point, in their life. Just the right actions and right words. Does that make my off springs bad? Nooooo..its just the timing...! Its just the expressions...its just not being in the  right  moment with the right words! the moment passes and the expression goes, that's all!Well life is stressful to you, to me to all of us, then now, and always.So treat people well, especially those who care for you, or live for you. "English Vinglish" the new  bollywood movie says it all..!( watch it, its worth it.)Try breathing lungs full the fresh morning air, and you wont forget to thank mother nature. Sun moon and stars D wonders, but  in the sweaty summers...I am happy the power dept is on duty and thank them if they are efficient.Water from the tap no big deal, but not one drop is when we realise their value! Like wise family, friends, staff , society around us...we all need an appreciative word,pat or a hug ! But to fill gaps and to build bridges, one has to come forward and say what need to be said!Hurt soul ,broken heart need to be consoled.Just as long as we don't take people for granted. Just as long as we don't forget to say the right word, action, expression!Does not matter whos fault, or who is at fault! Take the initiative,value the feelings.Simple,is not it?All these feelings teach us to be miserable,gleeful,greatful.but no use unless it is expressed,With the rightwords at the right time.If you are the reason, then leave your ego and just go..! There once was a heavy storm, and  all "feelings" living together in a small island,were about to  get drowned.Love made a boat for every one to escape.  All "Feelings" accepted the help gratefully except One, EGO..!  Love tried and tried but Ego refused to come with them. Love was stuck between Ego and other feelings! Love lives  for all, and meant to love, then how can it leave EGO alone..? So Love stayed back with ego, and died  because of Ego. Don't let your love die..just say the right words at the right moment. What are you waiting for?

No comments: