Mother...

Mangalore..

Why was I not able to bring out my post last month, I wonder! That was the only month I was sure It has to be on mothers day! In fact this was the first time, it was not my  flow of thoughts but time and date which told me what I will be posting..! Day after day, as the thoughts were strong, i guess the flow was weak, so  some how it did not happen! Better late than never...! I do remember that day very well. It was a special day alright! I was all alone at home, and the first person to wish me was my dad who always takes pride in us, all his daughters, so calls all of us to tell we have done our job well as moms . I never get to wish my mom first, but get wished as a mom first! Then of course text message from my husband, and then my son calls to let me know how best I am as a mom, and lastly a delivery man comes with flowers sent by, who else but my daughter.
LA or NY..Blore or Mlore she surely will not forget to acknowledge me! She always has these small little gestures to show us she cares, even though on normal days and times she is not very communicative. She knows how to make some one feel special. God bless all kids who care for their parents..by a word or deed, is what I whole heartedly say. That takes me to my childhood. Since we did not know nothing about mothers day those days, and did not know how to express our feelings leave alone to mother..even to sisters, brothers ,father or friends..! I do not remember uttering any words like I love you sis, I am proud of you dad, or you mean everything to me mom etc etc..! Such were our mental and atmospheric set ups(or backs?). Shyness hesitancy,inhibitions, awkwardness.. towards my own people, and my own feelings. Its not just me..but most of us who grew up those days at least around us, I feel will agree with me. Anyways now the fast changing life has changed peoples mind too, and words come faster and feelings flow smoother...But for all those years and unsaid words..I would like to tell my mom..amma you have done your best, and since I am a mom now, I understand and   I mean it.WE are normal ordinary people, "mothers", but end up doing extraordinary things with unusual strength when it comes to our kids. And do we give up on them? NEVER...such is our love for them..! Love you ma...wish I said these words to you many a times before in every single occasion when I needed to, and you deserved to! "Mother"....is there a perfect picture i can describe a mother and child..as I was thinking, wondering ...a simple something attracted me and I had to look no more..The Bond of a mother and child...

No comments: