when Pleasant surprises turn in to horrifying shocks...

May1995.....
Dancing n me? ha..I can say, I surely am the one with 2 left feet!! I am good in soo many things, so, if I am not in some, does that lessen my confidence? noooooo..so that's how I take it, and enjoy watching others dance to all types of beats. I hate people trying to call out n pull others to dance floors in party's n events.If the music is not bringing them to floor, then may be they have a reason not to come?so leave them alone..but u enjoy is what I feel like saying.,.anyways......"May Navy ball" ( my first n last I think!) how can I ever forget..awesome music, dancing couples swaying n swooning, party in full swing. A few of us were bunched up watching the fun. suddenly a total stranger surprised us, by asking me for a dance! I was not in minis or micros, ( like most of the dancing girls there)but in a saree, loong hair in its natural fall, very married, sitting with family n Friends ..and the "stranger", very young , dashing, good looking..!!My family immediately was "you must go"..!( I too know its ill manners to reject some one with out reason, when they decently ask you for a dance in such occasions!) Anyways I was whisked on to the floor, ..me awkward, he confident. He brought me back on my request, as soon as I told him who I am and how uncomfortable I feel on the floor! haaaaaa...while coming back I was confident n smiling, and he was awkward! Anyways it was such a pleasant experience for me which I can never forget, as I later came to know that Dude was the most eligible guy around, and every girls dream date! 2003. ... I was living in LA then, folks from India used to update me with all sorts of news and............ how can I ever forget this piece of news, which jolted me.,.my dancing partner who's now married, died in a road accident! It was terrible news, and horrifying shock to me. I mourned as if he was some one from my family, felt sad, bad and what not! Even to this day, when ever I see dance floors, i always remember him, coz he was the first guy to ask me for a dance ever!

No comments: