Me.., The "Miss Universe".....!!

Oct 1980....
Since I was married young, my thoughts n acts were also young, so I feel now! Me and a bunch of family and friends happen to go to the local fare one evening. Just like any fare, this fare too was filled with fun n frolic., shopping and eating. "Dog show" was what attracted me, and being a dog lover bought tickets and we all were seated and started watching the show... cute little, and not so little dogs performing all sorts of tricks and entertaining one and all alike! The announcer came with the last item, that is the dog which is gonna recognise people and their characters or acts, as per his clues or indications! Amazing,right? It started off with " OK..go to the person who is smelling the most", and the dog would be going to the person who looked may be shabbier than most, and the embarrassed person awkwardly looking but laughing( what else he could do?) the clues were pouring...The couple who fought before coming to this show,... the fattest person around, the guy in second row wearing a "black shirt",the lady with a big bag, the couple with 2 kids... etc etc...and as the time was passing, more challenges to the dog and most laughter for the audience. The recognised people surprisingly matched the descriptions, and the dogs judgement amazing!! No one knew how it was happening, but all the same it was fun, and the crowd very sportive. Some how every one in our group also started feeling insecure, for who knows who s gonna be the next target to get embarrassed in a totally packed public place! As the game was going on, and all were looking with mixed feelings came the next clue..."who's the most beautiful girl here in this audience "? Th cute little white Pomeranian dog slowly started walking around..all eyes on him,..went round and round...and then came to a sudden stop...people started clapping, and throwing appreciative glances at our group, and then I realised, the dog was standing right in front of me, for me to stand up and accept his recognition. I was totally blank ,dumb blind and what not, and our group was relieved that we were recognised for the best! Though embarrassed I was happy for this unexpected recognition, and..of course it was one of the most unforgettable moments of my life. With out a crown I felt like the Miss Universe at that minute in front of so many applauding audience and the most unusual judge ever in any show may be..the white Pomeranian Dog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure even today you'll still be picked as the prettiest person in the crown keerthiakka :)

Loved reading your articles!!

~ Seema