Friends and soul mates...

AS kids its very easy for us to make friends. When I think about my school days and childhood pals..I can really say "Those were the Days!" Simple, innocent bonds, unassuming attitudes, pure minds..! As we start growing... so does, jealousy, competition, comparision, compassion, hatred and love.. creeps in to our lives. In the long stream of life, I met countless people, and made many friends. When I look back I can recollect so many bonds which were important to me at that point but got cut due to not knowing the value? Or that's what is called growing up? I remember those wonderful days, where, nothing or no one else mattered but, those dear buddies. Where the days and the those buddies are gone? It was not possible for me to keep in touch with all of them, and eventually I lost touch with most of them.I blame myself and my circumstances of course! Life goes on, and we meet new people, and make new friends, but with awareness and efforts.., or in simple words... we make new friends.., only when they are "our types"! Its in total consciousness, and no innocence involved anymore. Its like walking on tight rope,..you don't know when you are gona fall ! But at some point of time, with out any conscious effort if we happen to meet some one with whom we can connect like with no one, and can be comfortable to share.., our tears, laughter, pain ,shine,love, hatred.., silence or sentences...we sure have found our soul mate in that person. Gender, age, status, religion, race nothing matters. It can be your own sibling or spouse or some one from the other side of the planet..! They can be like our mirror images, or reflections, and shadows. Such friends and soul mates make our life worth living, and you sure know there will be some one to shed a genuine tear when you leave this world as well. Remembering all those wonderful, super special people who made my life a beautiful potpourri, with all its fragrance. I go on, grateful to god for making me experience these wonderful bonds, and.....thinking , missing and always loving my friends and soul mates!

No comments: