What touches me most..."Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens"? hm...nice to sing but nothing to stir inside...deep down something makes me feel...happy, sad, thoughtful..that's what I feel is what touches me the most! As a little girl Walking to school was not my most happiest experiences especially when I felt the distance was too long, and most of the other girls were on Cycle rickshaws! But my strict parents made us walk and that's how and when I found out the sensitive side of me..."what touches me the most..."! During summer in the "Andhra heat",The glistening sweat on the sometimes muscled and some time weak bodies of the cycle rick fellows...made me feel sad and think its no fun going in such ricks were a fellow person sweats for my comfort. When I was visiting the same city after 20 years, I said NO to the cycle rick fellows,( ofcourse there are auto ricks also now.) and walked all my way..willingly!Hm... As I was waiting in my car for the green signal I saw a Mother and child....trying to cross the road...mother tense hoping not to miss the bus on the other side which is signaling, waving at people...!...The grip, the hold of their hands, and the secured and happy "my moms with me" look on the child's face touches me the most. Many a times I stop my car ignoring the honks of others, and let them or any such pedastrians cross safely..., which makes me part of them. It may not be something big, but small contribution from my side I feel. Evening walk..., as I was walking, and watching people returning home, tired, thoughtful, tensed, and stressed..I heard loud and shrill cry of a child.Not in pain,but saying something, I could not make out. I asked the road worker, labourer mother what is that the child wants..and she said the child wants her to buy "Kurkure" a packed snack but not any chocolate. I burst out laughing..and felt Kurkure people should take this for their next ad campaign! Did it touch me... ha...! Car festivals are temple feasts and fun but the crowd is always crazy! No place to move around, constant flow of people, vendors, buyers...gosh...Kids need to be very careful and parents a bit fearful,...not to lose them. As I stand in a corner watching the whole scene and debating on the idea if I should concentrate on God or people...I saw a young Lambadi woman selling big colorful balls.., holding as many as she could in both her hands and trying to catch the attention of kids and unwilling parents equally. Something caught my attention at that point and it is not the colour full big ball, but a small little child obviously of that tribal lady, who had a similar ball in his hands as well, trying to balance and in the process of holding it in his two little hands not to play but help his mom to sell!! ( his share of work!)The ball was looking so huge and was falling from his tiny hands, and he was bending constantly to pick it up. unaware of the stream of people who were just ignoring him, and almost stamping on him in their rush and merry!! The child was so engrossed in picking up the ball but consious, so he can still be in contact with his mom....and the mother completely concentrating in selling, confident the child will some how manage and follow her. The whole scene was so touching, I just could capture it in my thoughts and mind, and of course heart, since I had no camera! Amazing...this is what I really say faith! Faith on each other...! Does this faith work? Well...all these incidents and many more such touch me a lot and makes me think deep!... If this is my souls curry ..., ...hmmmm...what touches you the most? I am sure every one have some soul curry to offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment